Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Lizard Family

We have recently realized that we have a Skink (Lizard) family living in our back yard somewhere. Yesterday I looked out the window only to see this out on our rocks!!

We didn't seem to startle them so Gavin and I went outside to get a closer look!




They actually let us get pretty close!! Gavin thought it was pretty cool too! He didn't try to touch them or anything so that was good.




Right after this picture they got startled and ran away! These little guys are super fast too! I don't think we could catch one if we tried!! Gavin was sad that they went away....he wanted to keep looking for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, You are much braver that I am. I am sure you have already checked, but are they dangerous? I mean do they bite or anything? Yuck!!!! Hope I don't see one when we are there!
Love you,
Mama B

Unknown said...

That's nasty...you should put one in mom's bed when she's down there!!!! :)