Saturday, July 25, 2009

Good Grief!!!

Yet again I am horrible at posting on this blog!! All the sudden I just stopped posting all the time. I think it's because pretty much everyone that reads this is on Facebook....but I really need to start posting more!!
SO...as you all know Layla is here now! She is already 2 months old and I can't believe it!! She is growing way too fast!!! She had her 2 month check-up the other day and now weighs 10lbs 15oz and is 23 inches long. I was thinking that was a lot bigger than G was at her age so I looked in his baby calendar and he was actually almost a pound heavier and 3/4 of an inch longer! Weird!!

Gavin is now potty trained!!! He never ceases to amaze me!! It is totally true that when they are ready they are ready!! Also in true Gavin fashion it totally had to be his idea!! He is completely independent when it comes to this too! He never wants me in the bathroom with him...only calls me in there to show me what he has done! :0) Even when we are out at a store or restaurant he gets mad when I go in the bathroom with him. Then I have to explain to him and I have to go in the bathroom with you, but you can go in the stall by yourself and lock the door...and he does and doesn't even want me to stand right outside the stall!! Crazy boy!! We are so proud of him though! He only wears a pull-up at night and even then when he wakes up it's not that wet at all!! Last night he really didn't want to wear a pull-up so I told him when all the pull-ups we have are gone he can go to bed with just underwear...we'll see how that goes! I might just change my mind!! So....for getting potty trained we bought him a chain-saw (toy) that he's been wanting for a really long time now!

Cory has now started his Kiowa school and is in full swing with that!! He really really likes flying them too so that's good! I am really looking forward to coming back to MN with the kids for a month!! Gavin is really excited too see everyone too!!!

1 comment:

Here and Now said...

Thanks for the update! When do you go to MN