V
It is a Banana Spider!! VERY UGLY....but not poisonous!! Thank goodness! The web it made is quite the web too!! Gavin was funny too, I was over looking at something else sorta by the spider...and he walks over and looks up and says "Nana spider, Mommy....it's a BIG web!!" So cute! I'm glad the spider is up as high as it is otherwise he would be trying to touch the thing!!
For some reason there are HUGE groups of these spiders all over under our eaves! I think they are trying to stay cool or something....but there are like 5 different clusters of them in different areas! YUK!
It's a baby walking stick! The picture is sideways....the left...I think is the front...at least when I blew on it to see what it was it crawled to the left....so I think it's the front! :0)
Alabama has very weird things here....everywhere you go has something. I am just hoping I have seen all the critters I am going to see while I am here!!
5 comments:
Wow, I have never see that many daddy long legs in one spot and I grew up on the farm!! What an education for Gavin!! Can't wait to see you again!!!
Mama B
Please keep them there...don't bring any with you when you come!!! :)
that is nasty..i have the creepies now thank you!
So do y'all have cicadas in AL? They're all over the place here in Nashville, and they're gross too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tibicen_linnei.jpg
One just attacked me yesterday. It made me think of this blog.
I'm glad you get to go home soon! Family is refreshing! Enjoy your trip.
Ok it looks way worse on here than on your phone camera. Just make sure to leave it there when you come home. Mama J does NOT like any kind of spider especially one that big!!!! See you soon.
Mama J.
Post a Comment