2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk you can substitute 1Tablespoon vinegar and regular milk to add up to 1 cup. I never use buttermilk...I always do this and it turns out delicious!)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions:
1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one loaf pan.
2: Mix all igredients into a large mixing bowl. Beat for 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
3: Mix together 2 Tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons butter or margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top. Using a knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbleing effect.
4: Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick...when it comes out clean it's done!! Let it cool on a baking rack.
ENJOY!! I make this bread at least once a week! It is really yummy for breakfast!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment