Okay, so this past week....ever since we got back from MN, Gavin has been horrible to put to bed. Before we went I could just rock him a little to settle him down and then lay him in his bed awake and say G'night..I love you, and leave and he would go to sleep on his own. When we were in MN I rocked him to sleep everynight because we were in a new place and I didn't want to lay him down awake and have him be scared or whatever....besides when we were there he wouldn't let me lay him down. So, then we got home and the first night he went to bed well because he was exhausted from the trip back, but every night after that.....HORRIBLE!!!
He SCREAMS....CRIES....carries on....he wants me to stand, but then he won't lay on my shoulder....so I try to sit in the glider and he screams that he wants me to sit on the floor....so I sit on the floor and after about 5 minutes he wants me to stand again and we start all over!! Last night (sunday) he didn't scream or cry or anything he just took FOREVER to fall asleep and he wouldn't let me lay him down. I even tried laying him down and laying next to him....doesn't work. I need some advice! I think I'll try just about anything. Being in his room triny to get him asleep for and hour and a half is just too much!!!
4 comments:
Ok...so I'm not a mom...but...from what I've heard, sometimes it's best to just let them cry it out...the more you do what they want the more they are gonna keep working you and try to get away with stuff. Ok...so I've watched Super Nanny too much, but anywho...from what I've heard from others sometimes you need to just put them in bed and let them cry it out and eventually they will just go to bed normal.
ok linds don't get mad at me, but i'm going to be blunt. Remember that you are the parent and you know what's best for him. Gavin does not know what best for himself. If he is disobeying you and carrying on when you say that it's bed time and time to lay down, then there should be consequences. Make the routine and rules very clear to him by telling him what you expect and what will happen if he disobeys and then stick to it, stay consistent and patient and loving and he will catch on. We can talk more details later! Love you girl and I will be praying for you as you shepard your little guys heart!
Hi Lindsey,
I agree with both Naomie and your sister. However I would suggest that you start right away in the morning and remind him often during the day that he is a big boy and needs to go to bed when it is time, then reinforce like Jes suggested. 2 or 3 days and he will catch on.
We will be praying for you
Love you and miss you lots,
Mom B
You can do the suggestions meantioned or you can try mine. Give him have some chocolate or after he's in bed have yours. The darker the better.:)
Mike
Post a Comment