Wednesday, April 9, 2008

FIRE ANTS!

Well....it happend today, Gavin got into a huge batch of fire ants. We were at the park and he brought a truck with him.....as usual....he went over by one of the trees and sat down and started playing in the "dirt". I was a little ways away talking to 2 other moms and all the sudden one of them says...."Did he get into fire ants?" I looked over and poor Gavin is sitting there squirming around...not crying though. I ran over there and sure enough there were thousands all over the ground and a bunch on him too! I scooped him and and flung his shirt off and started beating the things off of him! Luckily he was wearing jeans and socks and shoes....I almost changed him into shorts and sandles before we left for the park. We came right home and I gave him a bath, just to make sure everything was off. After all was said and done he has a few bites on his arm by his elbow and a few on his hands. They don't seem to bother him but he told Daddy when we got in the door..."Scared ants!" So now I think he is scared of any bugs.....which is alright with me!! Let's just hope he learned his lesson!

4 comments:

Here and Now said...

Ouch! I have stepped in a few fire ant hills. Ouch!! I am glad you caught him before it got worse.

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby!! I am glad that he is scared of bugs too! You have some nasty creatures down there!!
Love you
Mama B

Anonymous said...

now he knows what great-grandpa joens felt like when we went down for a visit when i was a child.
dad j

Anonymous said...

Be sure to have Gavin show Grampa J. where they were so he can experience the joy as well.
Mike J.