This is what we had in our house the other day!!
It is called a Five-lined Skink!
We think it came in through a little crack that is in between our back door and the ground! It was sitting by one of our shelves that has Gavin's toys in it and when we went over by it it crawled behind it. So I got a bog metal bowl and Cory started to move the shelf....I was going to try and put the bowl over it....not sure what I was going to do after that. Every time Cory would move the shelf a little the thing would crawl back under the shelf to hide. So Cory just kept moving the shelf towards the door. Eventually it came out after we were close to the door and scurried toward the door so I shooed it out the rest of the way with a broom! Luckily Gavin was napping....I can only imagine what he would have done with that! Oh man! Hopefully that is our first and last reptile in the house experience!!!
*** I didn't take these pictures....the thing was too darn fast to do anything of the sort. So these are from the internet. ***
8 comments:
They are great pets and they like to eat bugs. Have all kinds of lizards in the great OC. Kids at the Preschool love to chase them.
Mike
That's nasty...if it were me I would have been a mile down the road and would never set foot back in the house again. I'm not brave enough to chase it out with a broom...Josh would have been on his own. Hopefully this doesn't happen with a snake...
what a cool thing to have in your house!! it looks cute!
it's better than a giant cockroach or snake or rodent!!
maybe gavin would like a pet!!!
It was very cute...I was just a bit afraid at first because they (the experts) say that sometimes things that are that brightly colored are poisoness....and here you never know...so I didn't touch it. Next time....if there is a next time I will try to catch it.
;0)
Pretty!! Welcome go the south!
Ok Lindsey, you are braver than most of us. I would have freaked like Nome and been on top of a chair or something. Dad would have been on his own too, only I think he may have been scared too!!!
Love you,
Mom B
Lindsey,
We are all wondering where Kirby was when this creature was in the house? Didn't he go crazy?
Mom B
I had to quickly put Kirb in the extra bedroom and shut the door...otherwise he probably would have tried to eat it...yuk!
Post a Comment